Javier Sanz Larruga
University of A Coruña (Spain)
Academic Qualifications and Professional Career:
- Degree and PhD in Law at the University of Navarra.
- Professor of Administrative Law at the University of A Coruña.
- Head Lecturer of the Jean Monnet Module on Environmental Law for the European Union.
Research Activity and Scientific Publications:
- Author of two manuals, four scientific monographs and more than a hundred collaborations in collective publications and articles in specialised journals, on various matters relating to Administrative Law but predominated by his dedication to Environmental Law.
- He has supervised three collective books in collaboration with others on environmental law issues.
- He has been the main researcher in four research projects and has participated as a research associate in eight research projects (at regional, national and Community level).
- He received the “Manuel Colmeiro” Prize 1994, for the paper: “O réxime competencial sobre os recursos mariños. Referencia espacial ó caso galego”, Galician School of Public Administration. Xunta de Galicia. Santiago de Compostela, 1994, and the Prize of the Consellería de Medio Ambiente of the Xunta de Galicia for the best research work, 2000, for the paper: “Bases doctrinales y jurídicas para un modelo de gestión integrada y sostenible del litoral de Galicia”, Xunta de Galicia, Santiago de Compostela, 2000.
- He is Director of the Coastal Observatory at the University of A Coruña.
- He is a member of the Spanish Observatory of Public Environmental Policies.
- He is a member of the Jean Monnet Centre for Excellence at the University of A Coruña.
- He is a member of the Management Board of the Spanish Environmental Law Association (ADAME) and the Academic Council of the Institute of the Environment at the University of A Coruña.
- He is author of the environmental dissemination blog: http://blogs.lavozdegalicia.es/javiersanz/